Jerry Durand wrote:
On Jun 1, 2007, at 11:54 AM, Richard Frovarp wrote:

That's assuming you aren't using it intelligently. SA checks all received headers via Zen to see if they are in the SBL. PBL and XBL are only checked against last external header, via Zen.

Ah, nobody mentioned that SA was only using a subset of Zen, I was talking about the people using Zen to scan ALL the headers and the body of the message. So, really, SA is just using the SBL subset of Zen to scan the headers. How about the body of the message?

Everything I know that uses zen, uses a subset of it. It's a composite list, so that is pretty much a given. That's why I send the link to zen and the link to the page on SA TrustedRelays, to show you a scenario where one could use ALL of zen on a received header, rather than just the connecting relay (in a case where the connecting relay is Trusted).

The body of a message is looked at by uri parsers and uses things like surbl,uribl,uri country, etc to score based on uris found in message bodies. I wouldn't use any of zen for that, but it's possible to do. Problem is you lump any host on an IP with other hosts sharing that same ip. In virtual hosting environment, there can be hundreds of sites on a single IP, so FPs are common doing this - except perhaps with SBL.

--
Ken Anderson
Pacific.Net