Loren Wilton wrote:
rule work, but the ones with the "\|\\\|" (matching "|\|") all choke:

"fro|\""|"            {RET("__XM_Sft_Ms_Fp_L33T");}

It produces the above output, instead of "fro|\|". Not sure what it's doing. Any solution other than commenting out the offending rules?

What version of re2c? There reports that version before version12 "have bugs". The bugs aren't specified, but I assume they could include miscompiling the regexes.

It's v0.12. I don't think it's re2c anyway--re2c is choking on it because sa-compile is producing the above .re file. That line of the .re file should start with "fro|\|", and if I manually edit it, it compiles fine.

It's consistently interpreting escaped backslashes (\\) as either \" or \"", which screws re2c up because that creates an incorrect amount of "'s. I even tried escaping it has hex "\x52" (or whatever the right number was--don't have my ascii table handy anymore :).

--
Gus