On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 20:07:20 +0200 (CEST), Raymond Dijkxhoorn
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>>> Anyone else having trouble getting to uribl ?
>>> www not coming up. I hope we aren't seeing another anti-spam
>>> casualty. :-(
>
>> I unplugged the server so I could play Forza 2 on the 360 at work. I'll plug
>> it back in after this endurance race. :)
>>
>> I'm kidding.......
>>
>> .... I'll prbly keep playing after this race. ;)
>
>Ok. Plug in surbl also while it seems to race along ;)

A couple of my locally hosted domains have been hammered the last
couple of days in the region of 500+% increase in what appears to be a
dictionary attack. Since my servers only accept incoming for valid
users it's been annoying rather than crippling. I'd strongly suggest
that anyone fool enough to have catch-all accounts disable them. I had
one domain with that enabled (an oversight) and it logged 14k+ hits in
5 hours.

URIBL was running very slow so I assume I wasn't the only one getting
hit.

On an odd note my local.cf has a timeout of 10 seconds, but I saw many
scans hitting 40+ seconds

Anyway, point being - watch those catch-alls.

Hope that helps somebody

Kind regards

Nigel