Gary V wrote:
>> I'm running amavisd-new with spamassassin and setup bayes and mysql
>> earlier
>> today. It seems to connect to the db fine with user vscan when running
>> spamassassin -d. I ran sa-learn --spam/ham < spam.txt (full email headers
>> too) a few times and those are the only entires in the db, the ones
>> that I
>> added, all other email is untouched. What's the deal? Here is my local.cf
>> file... awl seems to work fine, but it scores mail funky sometimes.
>>
>> # Enable the Bayes system
>> use_bayes 1
>> bayes_store_module                Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore::SQL
>> bayes_sql_dsn                     DBI:mysql:bayes
>> bayes_sql_username                vscan
>> bayes_sql_password                vscan
>> bayes_sql_override_username       vscan
>>
>> # Enable awl
>> auto_whitelist_factory            Mail::SpamAssassin::SQLBasedAddrList
>> user_awl_dsn                      DBI:mysql:bayes
>> user_awl_sql_username             vscan
>> user_awl_sql_password             vscan
>>
>> --
>
> You probably ran the commands as root, so you are only looking at root's
> data. Add this in local.cf:
>
> bayes_sql_override_username vscan
>
> That way everyone will see the same data (site wide configuration). You
> want to always run spamassassin and sa-learn commands as the vscan user
> but adding this seting means that even if you learn spam or ham as root,
> vscan's data will be updated.
>
> su vscan -c 'sa-learn --spam < spam.txt'
>
> Gary V

As for the funky AWL values, you need to do some AWL expiry.

Add a field to the AWL table that shows the last time that address got hit:
  ALTER TABLE awl ADD lastupdate timestamp(14) NOT NULL;
  UPDATE awl SET lastupdate = NOW( ) WHERE lastupdate < 1;

Then set up a script to clean up awl entries:

  /usr/bin/mysql -usa_user -psa_user_psw < /usr/local/bin/trim-awl.sql

  USE sa_bayes;
  DELETE FROM awl WHERE lastupdate <= DATE_SUB(SYSDATE(), INTERVAL 2 MONTH);
  DELETE FROM awl WHERE count = 1 AND lastupdate <= DATE_SUB(SYSDATE(),
   INTERVAL 15 DAY);

(reference: http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/fc4-spamassassin-sql.html)
- --

  Steve