On 6/10/2007 11:23 PM, Bill McGonigle wrote:
On Jun 9, 2007, at 12:19, Dallas Engelken wrote:

Rulesemporium.com will be coming back online at approximately 1800 GMT. Special thanks to Prolexic (http://www.prolexic.com) for the DDoS protection.

It looks like rules_du_jour had some trouble with the downtime:

[2753] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: AUTOBAN: Over 500 *.cf requests in 48 hours period - Check your CRON [2753] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: CONTACT: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Questions this brings up:

1) do systems get un-AUTOBAN'ned after a time interval or should I request a delisting of each? 2) I see from the archives this was also a problem when the rulesemporium domain wasn't renewed last year - has anybody implemented auto back-off behavior for rules_du_jour? It seems to be too aggressive in these cases. 3) I didn't have a cronjob in to do updates ... would this be fired off when MailScanner instantiates a new child process and loads SpamAssassin? That's the only thing I can think of that might have such a high frequency.

Pls don't automate RDJ. atm there no updates and when there are, they will be announced

banging rulesemporium.com just increases the load on the *DONATED* DDOS protection. PLEASE HELP keep the traffic down as much as possible.

  4) is openprotect's channel generally considered better practice now?

yes