From: John Rudd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:25 PM
To: Dan Barker
Cc: 'Spamassassin'
Subject: Re: DUL Lists? - OT

Dan Barker wrote:
> I'm receiving a lot of 421 rejects with:
>
> Unexpected connection response from server:
> 421 mails from 74.254.46.133 refused: local dynamic IP address
> 74.254.46.133"

In case there's any doubt about whether or not the Botnet plugin tripped up
on the PTR record situation (and someone used that as a basis for a
tempfail), here's the output of Botnet.pl for that IP address:

% Botnet.pl 74.254.46.133 visioncomm.net Botnet Version = 0.8 checking IP
address: 74.254.46.133
    BOTNET_NORDNS: not hit - mail.visioncomm.net
    BOTNET_BADDNS: not hit - hostname resolves back to ip
       BOTNET_IPINHOSTNAME: not hit
       BOTNET_CLIENTWORDS: not hit
       BOTNET_SERVERWORDS: hit, matches=mail
    BOTNET_CLIENT (meta) not hit
    BOTNET_CLIENT (code) not hit, tests=none
    BOTNET_SOHO: not hit
BOTNET (meta) not hit
BOTNET (code) not hit, tests=none

So:
a) Botnet wasn't mislead by the PTR alias
b) None of the Botnet tests flagged this as a Botnet (the one hit was for
"server words" which would have helped you, not hurt you).