At 10:47 PM 6.12.2007 -0400, Michael Scheidell wrote:
>If anyone wants a 'pre release' of the Freebsd sa 3.2.1 portfile, you
>can download it here:
>
>http://www.secnap.com/downloads/sa321.tgz
>
>Instructions: rm everything in /usr/ports/mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin,
>untar above there, make or portupgrade it.
>
>Some dependencies that have not been committed to freebsd ports are also
>needed.
>
>One I just stumbled upon, for anyone using Mail::SPF:  in SA INSTALL
>doc:
>
>    If using Mail::SPF note that NetAddr::IP (required by Mail::SPF)
>    versions up to and including version 4.006 include a bug that will
>    slow down the entire perl interpreter.  NetAddr::IP version 4.007 or
>    later fixes this.
>
>(freebsd ports still has 4.004, but here are patches against
>../ports/net-mgmt/p5-NetAddr-IP)
>You need these patches in /usr/ports/net-mgmt/p5-NetAddr-IP
>http://www.secnap.com/downloads/netaddrip.patch
>See http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=113638
>
>Also, you need patches for re2c >=.12.0 (ports has .11.1), Razor >
>2.8.2_1 (ports has 2.8.2)
>http://www.secnap.com/downloads/re2c.tgz (ports package, clean out
>../ports/devel/re2c and untar this)
>See: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/112501
>

>If you use Razor, you should update it:
>http://www.secnap.com/downloads/razor.patch (patches against
>../ports/mail/razor-agents)
>see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=112522
>
>Anyone with freebsd and want to see something (universal!, not site
>specific), send me an explaination of what it is, what it does, and if
>you include that and patches against the current 3.2.0, it will likely
>be included in freebsd 3.2.1 port since I am the official ports
>maintainer.
>(note: thanks jimmy  I have included the libspamc* support as you
>requested in
>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/106441
>

>--
>Michael Scheidell, CTO
>SECNAP Network Security Corporation
>Keep up to date with latest information on IT security: Real time
>security alerts:
>http://www.secnap.com/news

Michael: Many thanks for your upgrade to the port.

I am using FBSD-6.2 amd64 and ran into this problem when running make:
.... bunch of other stuff all okay
stopped here:
Manifying blib/man3/Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry.3
make -f spamc/Makefile spamc/libspamc.so
gcc -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mach/CORE spamc/libspamc.c
spamc/utils.c  -o spamc/libspamc.so -shared  -L/usr/local/lib -lz
/usr/bin/ld: /var/tmp//cchaPM1S.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be used
when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/var/tmp//cchaPM1S.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
*** Error code 1

(^_^)
Happy trails,
Jack L. Stone