Michael Scheidell wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Perkel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 3:19 AM
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Innovative Host Blacklisting Idea

I'm trying out a new idea for blacklisting hosts. I have several email servers for processing spam. These servers service my lowered numbered

As others said, not a good idea.

Don't bother BL isting them, if they hit your dummy mx record, they die,
don't retry, and have in effect blacklisted themselves.

What I see happening is that they are hitting MX randomly. So some times they hit a good server and sometimes they hit the trap. Once they have hit the trap several times then they are blacklisted in my hostkarma blacklist and if they hit a real server they are rejected at connect time.

On my servers less than 1% of all email attempts make it as far as spam assassin. This reduces it further.