Eric W. Bates wrote:
Also, you do have re2c version .12.0 or better, right?

pkg_info -cQ 're2c=>0.12.0'

Nope.  Current FreeBSD port is pushing version 0.11.1.  I can update
that manually without a lot of trouble (sent a note to the maintainer)
but I suspect that if that were the source of the trouble everyone
running sa-compile on FreeBSD would be stuck. I will give it a shot.

This is a known, documented problem, talked about on this list since 3.2.0 came out . it affects everyone who does not have re2c at least 0.11.3.

if you looked at the ports file, it requires >0.12.0. if you edited it, you would see the PR (and patches) for it.

If you didn't edit it,  you would not have been able to install the port.

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(tm). For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com