Hello!

> Hmm...  I know you said standard Etch packages but those versions do
> not match the versions in Etch.  They match the versions in Testing.
> Therefore I conclude that you are actually running Debian testing.

Didn't think so but obviously I must mess things up while experimenting
with amavisd-new (and spamassassin plugins).

> For various reasons I recommend Debian Stable (currently Etch) or
> Debian Unstable (always named Sid).  I can't recommend Testing for
> production use.

I know and I agree - my sources.list is only linked to etch - but maybe
there was a short time when I had "testing" in it.

> Please check and see if you have SA installed multiple different ways,
> by package and by direct installation (e.g. CPAN).  If you have
> multiple versions of SpamAssassin installed I suggest removing all of
> the ones that you are not using.

Bob, you made my day - thank you! After checking my installation with
your hints I could cleanup some cpan-installed modules and replaced the
testing-version with the version from the etch repository.

Finally I got rid of this error messages.

Thank you all for your help!

Stefan