Mark Martinec wrote:

The accuracy of botnet can be greatly enhanced it is when tamed down by p0f
results (passive operating system fingerprinting).

This is my experience as well. My Botnet scores looks like this currently:

header          BOTNET                  eval:botnet()
score           BOTNET                  2.0
meta            BOTNET_WINDOWS          (BOTNET && __OS_WINDOWS)
score           BOTNET_WINDOWS          1.0
header          __OS_WINDOWS            p0fIP2OS =~ /Windows/i

The X-Amavis-OS-Fingerprint header field can be inserted by
p0f+p0fanalyzer+amavisd
(which I use), or by p0f+p0fanalyzer + p0f pluging for SA by Vincent Li

Another alternative is my stuff at:
<http://whatever.frukt.org/p0fstats.text.shtml>

The stuff there uses UDP to send p0f info from the system running p0f (probably the firewall) to a collecting system that stores it in a database.

It includes a perl module and a SpamAssassin plugin that can get info from the database, as well as some graph stuff.

The SpamAssassin module is fairly new (about a year old), but the basic send/collect/store system has been in use for years here (though it has been modified and changed along the way).

I have no idea wether my stuff is better, worse or just different than the stuff you mentioned above.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, FSDB & Fruktträdet