Jeff Chan wrote:
Quoting Peter Farrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi all.

Testing new setup:
CentOS 4.4
amavisd-new-2.5.1
SpamAssassin version 3.2.1
  running on Perl version 5.8.5
+RulesDuJour
Quad proc Dell PE w/ 4 GB RAM.

Using calls to the timestamp function I've been testing this setup
over the past week. While following the debug output I've removed:
SARE_SPECIFIC
SARE_FRAUD and
SARE_HEADER0 from my TRUSTED_RULESETS in RulesDuJour/config

And also removed
99_sare_fraud_post25x.cf,
70_sare_header0.cf,
70_sare_specific.cf in /etc/mail/spamassassin -D --lint. It is not
compatible with SA3.2.

Fair enough. But the processing time during the manual test was still
really slow. Depending on the message, the total processing time
averaged between 8-15 >>minutes<< per message!
*If I then dropped both the blacklist[-uri] out, the timing was a
consistent ~45 seconds per message.

Please DO NOT use sa-blacklist.  Use multi.surbl.org instead.  Bill will tell
you the same thing when he gets a chance.

No one should be using sa-blacklist any more.  It's way too large and
inefficient.  The WS bit in multi.surbl.org has the same data and it's in
DNSBL form so there is no huge ruleset to fill up your memory, just DNS
queries.   In your case it's probably causing spamassassin to swap out of
memory.

See:

  http://www.surbl.org/

Jeff C.

Make sure you have a caching name server on the machine as well.

Richard