Henrik Krohns wrote:
On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 10:08:29AM +0100, Justin Mason wrote:
Bear in mind that the spammer who is developing this PDF spam is only one
person, and he/she probably has at least one non-spammy-looking email
address at his disposal.

What's to spot him/her from asking Dallas for a copy of the ruleset and
plugin, same as any other SpamAssassin user, waiting a few days to cover
his/her tracks, then fixing the spam to avoid it again?

And if you think this isn't already happening, I have a bridge for sale ;)

If I was a spammer, I couldn't care less if few people were using some
secret PDF blocking stuff. It's not like AOL or some big companies are using
it. :)

Based on that logic, it makes no difference if it gets released or not....

You dont think big companies utilize SpamAssassin, SARE, or other open source products for solutions, or even ideas for similar solutions? I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

--
Dallas Engelken
[EMAIL PROTECTED]