On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 05:30 -0700, Diptanjan wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I want to make a copy of the entire SA setup, including cron jobs etc.
> This is not only for making backup of the setup, but also to be able to copy
> the setup to another server.
>
> Can anyone sugest me a way how to do this.

If you are loking for a zero downtime setup, where the backup machine is
already running  put it up on the network ( probably with a lower
priority MX  or behind a loadbalancer)

If you want just to backup to save your a** in case of a crash
You can install the packages using yum ( or anything alike ) within 10
minutes after the OS install. You could create your own repo on a CD too

Just schedule  a regular backup of all your cf files
( typically /etc/mail/spamassassin /usr/share/spamassassin crontabs et
all) And have a *tested* script ready that will pickup from the backup
area and restore

Thanks
Ram