[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
This produces:
[20090] dbg: replacetags: done replacing tags
[20090] dbg: bayes: tie-ing to DB file R/O
/var/lib/nobody/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
[20090] dbg: bayes: tie-ing to DB file R/O
Here you have your problem!
Seems like you have messed up the file rights on /var/lib/nobody/.spamassassin/*
You'd better check that it is "nobody" who is the owner!
/var/lib/nobody/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
[20090] dbg: bayes: found bayes db version 0
bayes: bayes db version 0 is not able to be used, aborting! at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line 196.
[20090] dbg: config: score set 1 chosen.
[20090] dbg: bayes: tie-ing to DB file R/O
/var/lib/nobody/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
[20090] dbg: bayes: tie-ing to DB file R/O
/var/lib/nobody/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
[20090] dbg: bayes: found bayes db version 0
bayes: bayes db version 0 is not able to be used, aborting! at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line 196.
ERROR: Bayes dump returned an error, please re-run with -D for more
information

And you have to make sure that "nobody" has read/write access to the
Bayes database/file(s) as well!
Checking this now, will report back
See my answer above, I beleive it has all to do with the rights!
Found a few other mails from you, are you running Bayes DB in MySQL?
Then you should have this line in your local.cf as well
bayes_sql_override_username nobody
I am trying to have bayes in mysql but have not done this until the db
version thing is corrected. I do have override_username nobody in the
local.cf
Just in case you did not see the other posting:
Here's
what we did:
upgraded to 3.2.1 from 3.1.1. We installed 3.1.1, long ago, from a rpm
created from the tarball. When we went to upgrade to 3.2.1, we created a
rpm from tarball; this created 2 rpm's 1 called perl-mail-spamassassin
and 1 called spamassassin. Perl-mail-spamassassin installed fine but
spamassassin rpm failed (see earlier thread for the specifics). So, we
installed from source. This is when we get the bayes db version 0.
The parameter "bayes_sql_override_username" only applies when you in fact have the Bayes stored in *SQL

I had a few issues when I had my Bayes stored in the filesystem,
but after I switched to MySQL storage, I have never encountered any problem with it anymore!
My problem was that when I had a few scripts running through Cron,
the file(s) where changing ownership and then I had problems!

The best guess here, is that you run your "sa-learn --spam * / sa-learn --ham *" as root or so,
and from there you have messed up the ownership of the file(s)!

/Micke