John D. Hardin wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, John D. Hardin wrote:

Is there some reason pointing everyone at the coral cache of the website won't work? Granted, coral is also intended for large files, but it is distributed and is almost transparent...
Well right now, www.rulesemporium.com came up in a few seconds
directly, and took over a minute via the Coral Cache.

So I would answer "because it doesn't help, and slows things down
in fact".

The initial retrieval of the cached pages *does* require a regular connection to the primary website, so the coral network would be just as impacted by a DDoS as regular users are. However, once it has its copy response should be quite fast. I just tried it and it took just a few seconds, whereas I haven't been able to get directly to the primary website at all for a week or more.

Hi John,

Prolexic says...

If you could ask any users with connectivity issues to submit a 'host
www.rulesemporium.com' and 'tcptraceroute www.rulesemporium.com' along"
with a complaint of connectivity problems, that would be very helpful.

So, if you want to send that to me, I can get the info to them so they can get to the bottom of it.

--
Dallas Engelken
[EMAIL PROTECTED]