Hi JT,

There is the expectation that if the author requested that a PDF not be copied, then the PDF is not to be copied. This is done by a password protecting mechanism when the PDF is saved and exists in the PDF file. The author of Xpdf makes his position known on subverting this feature:

http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/cracking.html

So, although our goal is just, and I don't believe we are "copying" the PDF against the spirit of this feature, I don't feel I can point out which lines to delete in the pdftotext.cc file before recompiling it :(.

Maybe others can offer this info, or Google can help. For example :

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Adobe/Gallery/xpdf-0.93-ro-removed.patch

JES