Theo Van Dinter-2 wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 11:17:03AM -0700, nws.charlie wrote:
>> automatically twice a day. The updates are happening as scheduled, and
>> being
>> placed in var/lib/spamassassin/3.001001/..., however, spamassassin seems
>> be ignoring the rules there.
>
> Why do you say that?  Does "spamassassin --lint -D" show the files being
> used?

I say spamassassin is ignoring the rules simply because I was not getting
rule hits on any of the rules in  80_additional.cf when it was only in
var/lib/spamassassin. As soon as I placed a copy in etc/mail/spamassassin
the rules started triggering. I verified this several ways. Most
specifically, when I placed a copy in etc/mail/spamassassin, the rule
TVD_PDF_FINGER01 began triggering for the same messages as my custom rule.
When I remove 80_additional.cf from etc/mail/spamassassin, that rule no
longer triggers, while my custom rule does. 80_additional.cf is still in
var/lib/spamassassin.

>Also, if you're really using 3.1.1 you should think about upgrading.
Yes, we are... I'm looking into that too. Meanwhile, that shouldn't prevent
these rules from working, right?

Thanks again.