George Georgalis wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 11:46:58AM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
>
>> How can I disable the use of ~/.spamassassin altogether?
>>

> nevermind...
>
> --siteconfigpath=$CONF

Actually, that over-rides the site config, which would normally be
/etc/mail/spamassassin, and is where local.cf and other site-specific
.cf and .pre files live, not user_prefs.

you need --virtual-config-dir if you want to over-ride where user_prefs
lives.

However, user_prefs isn't your problem. The error messages you saw were
related to the AWL trying to create its database.

Fortunately virtual-config-dir will also change where the AWL db lives.
Or you can just disable the AWL entirely.