From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of René Berber
Sent: 30 July 2007 20:04
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem with clamav plugin

Sujit Acharyya-Choudhury wrote:

I am using clamav as our virus scanner on our mail gateway (exim).
This seems to discard lot of e-mails.  Is there any benefit of using
clamav for spamassassin from Sanesecurity?

There's no such thing.

If you meant the plugin, the answer is no; Exim will stop anything detected as
virus and the plugin will never receive one (it just wastes time).

If you meant using the databases from Sanesecurity, the answer is yes.  They
add spam and additional phishing detection that clamd uses.
--
René Berber