On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 11:17:30PM +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> also, not everyone is using SARE rules, and I think that until SA devels
> won't trust them to include them into SA, many admins will not install them.

fwiw, it has nothing to do with trust.  SA (and all the rules, etc,)
are distributed via the Apache Software License.  The SARE rules are not
available via that license, the rules (generally) aren't donated to the
SA project, and we can't just go stealing other people's stuff and put
it into SA.

There's also been some disagreement wrt merging the projects (see list
archives).

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"History is a tool used by politicians to justify their intentions."