Nix wrote on Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:14:53 +0100:

> > Worms and spam have made it impossible for users to use their own
> > personal mail servers.
>
> Really? Fascinating, I'm doing the impossible. I had no idea.

You should not read that literally. You can, of course do that. But many
providers will not let you out and many won't let you in. You are lucky
that this IP isn't in any dynamic list yet, but it's got "adsl" in the
hostname, so many will block it that way. So, in general, if you want to
be sure that your mail gets accepted you have to use your smarthost. Or
you gamble. Your choice.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany