On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:29:27 -0600
James Lay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I saw a post a couple days ago about converting to MySQL with
> SpamAssassin and wondered what the purpose would be for that?
> Just reporting?  And if so, is there a reporting package for use
> with MySQL and SpamAssassin? Thanks for the assist.
>
> James

I can answer only for the reasons I made the change to MySQL.  I was
having trouble getting it to work right on the new server (Debian
Etch/Sendmail).  The permissions weren't right, no matter how hard I
tried or what I did.  After extensive googling I discovered I wasn't
alone.  The server would bog down with CPU and memory usage going
through the roof.  Because of client needs I couldn't wait any
longer.  I switched to using MySQL and all that went away.  It also
gives me centralized configuration for all clients.  It also allows
me to write a PHP program for clients to tweak their configuration,
or to use one that is already available.

--
Raquel
I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing,