Hi,
I don't mind taking RAM since I have 3GB. I can raise the amount of child processes and I wanted to find out how much RAM does each child takes so I can decide how many max children to raise it without killing my system. Also I would like to check where to raise the max-child and I was doing in my /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamd on my RedHat linux system.
spamd -d -m 20 -H

I'm having 20 max child processes now and curious why I'm still seeing these messages.

Thank you,
Frank

--max-children setting, consider raising it>
 I'm still getting these error messages in my log:

 server reached --max-children setting, consider raising it

You get that message if your spamd has less children than you mail server has smtp threads. I have only --max-children 2 and the limit gets hit very often.. But I don't care.

Each spamd child takes his part of RAM and I'm not willing to give them more than 2. Mail just gets serialized, but it gets done too.

You can lower you mail server threads, or raise your --max-children.. it all depends how much ram you have. But SpamAssassin certainly works fine while those messages get logged. When max-children setting is reached, the messages are put in queue, and server later when childs are ready.