At 02:45 02-04-2008, Loren Wilton wrote:
Recently a guy posted on the list about the problems he has been having for a month trying to resolve problems with sending mail. The posting made it appear the problem was a missing head-body separator in the mail he was sending.

I've been talking with him, and that turns out to not be the problem at all. I think I know what his problems generally are at this point, but I don't know enough to be able to help him myself. I'm including some of my analysis and suchlike here in the hope someone else can give him more help.

I think his biggest problem is that he is in Brasil, and the problems with separating commercial addresses from dialup and DSL addresses, along with hostname probelms in received headers are biting him.

[snip]

Can someone help him along form here? He isn't really an email guy, so "PTR record" doesn't tell him how to fix things. Remember this is Brasil, so there may be difficulties in getting things set up properly. Perhaps someone from there could offer some suggestions?

Could you ask him to send me an email off-list?

Regards,
-sm