Simone Morandini wrote:
Thanks for the replies...

My MailScanner is set to restart once a day, and the problem I see happens a
few times, but every day...

My question was more related to the general behaviour of SpamAssassin
checks: I understand it could timeout, but I'd expect that the rules written
in the local.cf file are read anyway.
I have written some basic rules that match single words, and sometimes
messages that contains one of these words pass anyway, because they are not
detect as being spam.
I thought that reading the local.cf file could be made regardless
timeouts...

then maybe you are using the wrong expression. show the rule and a sample message that slips...