LuKreme a écrit :
> On 8-Dec-2008, at 00:44, mouss wrote:
>>> DKIM is not a blacklister, but a whitelist based on if sender really
>>> use monster.com mta mail server or not :)
>>>
>> indeed.
>

> Checking my SPAM folder it seems that a LOT of spam gets DKIM_VERIFIED
>
> I have tons that look, essentially, like this:

>  s=main; d=etacbase07.com;
>
> b=eVw4gychbdyZ01HyEGfBa7zjoxxjaaqVy+vHu9UeYI7+aKC971+ySnccA4klNvcBOIkAbiSgWl4YWXCn5SrkEg==;
>

> h=Received:Message-ID:Date:From:To:Subject:List-Unsubscribe:Mime-Version:Content-Type;

> Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 13:11:34 -0600
> From: "Goya Foods" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "Subscriber" <*munged*>
>
> So it looks like the only usefulness of DKIM for spam checking is really
> for the big mailers like gmail, paypal, ebay, etc?  This message failed
> the SA check with a score over 11, so I'm not complaining.

If someone says: I'm Joe. then I don't care if he lies or not, unless
"being Joe" means something to me. so if I get mail from
[EMAIL PROTECTED], dkim and dk signed, spf pass, great helo, nice looking
IP, ... etc. I don't care of all this stuff. I check the content.

If someone say: I'm your mother. then I'll ask to see his hand (sorry, I
don't know the name of the story in english. if you can read french,
check
http://satamania-bar.bbflash.net/conte-et-raconte-f5/le-loup-la-chevre-et-les-7-biquets-t908.htm
)

so yes, dkim is a whitelist mechanism that allows you to whitelist known
"names" when they sign their mail with a verifiable signature. it
doesn't mean you can trust any dkim-signed mail (because anybody can
sign his mail) nor that non signed mail is bad (even yahoo sends
unsigned mail) nor that a bad signature is bad (I've seen broken sigs
from yahoo).