On Fri, 15 May 2009, Karsten Br?ckelmann wrote:

On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 09:46 -0700, John Hardin wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2009, Jeremy Morton wrote:

Yes.  All I could find was stuff about creating your own rules, not actually
changing the weightings of existing rules.

Well, I guess the docs _don't_ explicitly state that later "score"
commands will override previous (or stock) "score" commands, but it is
implied:

   If any of the score values are surrounded by parenthesis '()', then all
   of the scores in the line are considered to be relative to the already
   set score.

Ah, the hard way. ;)  That's useful, if you want to change the score
*relative* to the stock score, and thus change when the stock score
changes for whatever reason.

It is, however, not too easy to grasp and determine the resulting score.
If you just want to use a custom score, you can plain do it by over-
writing the existing score:

 score FOO  1.0

As I said, doing that is only _implied_ in the docs.

Also see man spamassassin, where the overwriting bit is mentioned.

Yup:

  Site-specific configuration data is used to override any values which
  had already been set.

  One difference between a liberal and a pickpocket is that if you
  demand your money back from a pickpocket he will not question your
  motives.                                          -- William Rusher
 6 days until the 5th anniversary of SpaceshipOne winning the X-prize