tonjg wrote:

> raq550 server
> OS: strongbolt2
> spamassassin.i386 0:3.2.5-1.el4
>
> I'm trying to run:
> sa-learn --spam --showdots --dir /path/to...mbox
> but it fails with:
> 'Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (0 messages examined)'
> my spam mail is in a file called mbox but when I run the above command to
> the directory containg mbox it always fails with the '0 messages examined'
> error.
> I've also tried copying the mbox file to another location, removing all
> the restrictions on it but I still get '0 messages learned'.
> I know the sa-learn command is working properly because I previously
> pointed it to a wrong location and it picked up 3 tokens but it won't pick
> up anything from the mbox file. I've even tried renaming the (copied) mbox
> file and restarting spamassassin but no joy.
> The mbox file contains about 200 spam mails and is 3.5Mb. Thanks for any
> help.

I am having a similar problem as the  poster but I have successfully run
spamassassin for several years and today when I used the sa-lean
command to process the mailbox where I moved the mis-classified
mail message (not-spam) I get:

$ sa-learn --showdots --ham --mbox not-spam

Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined)
$

Check the mail folder not-spam:

$ mail -f not-spam
SCO OpenServer Mail Release 5.0.7  Type ? for help.
"not-spam": 1 message
>   1 gerb...@zenez.co Thu Feb 11 01:30 6405/248986 Quarterly ASCII posting
> of
&