Hi,

> Would someone put some samples of Yahoo single link spam on PasteBin.

>  > I am trying to test my rules and I seem to be missing some of the
>> variations.
>> >
>>  Here's an example: it is the message I developed the following rule
>> against: http://pastebin.com/VRvtDfER
>>
>> I've obfuscated all e-mail addresses in it and verified that my rule
>> catches the obfuscated version.  The rule is this:
>>
>> describe MG_YAHOO_FS Yahoo message-ID but not From: yahoo
>> header   __MG_YAHFS1 Message-id =~ /yahoo\.com>$/
>> header   __MG_YAHFS2 From =~ /yahoo\.(com|co\.uk)/
>> meta     MG_YAHOO_FS (__MG_YAHFS1 && ! __MG_YAHFS2)
>> score    MG_YAHOO_FS 50
>>

>  Some time ago Martin posted his rules for blocking yahoo link spam, and
> it's been working relatively well for my system. However, I'm now noticing
> a number of FPs that are "From" bellsouth.net addresses but pass through
> yahoo servers. They have DKIM and DomainKey signatures from bellsouth, yet
> otherwise appear to have no association with bellsouth.net.
>
> Is it just possible that bellsouth is using yahoo's servers? If so, could
> there be other "affiliates" that use yahoo that could also cause FPs?
>

> I can confirm that bellsouth uses yahoo mail services for at least some of
> their customer mail.  Legit @bellsouth.net mail may arrive via a yahoo
> server.

I looked at a handful of others that are in the quarantine, and there's
also quite a bit of actual junk there as expected, not just FPs.

So, I've lowered the score to something that should require at least a few
other rules to trigger before it's considered spam. I think this is
actually a better option than adding bellsouth.net to the "From" header
rule to categorically allow all bellsouth mail through. Even found one
message with 67 points, yikes!

There are also a few with DKIM signature failures, yet DKIM_VALID is
triggered:

        domainkeys=softfail (fail, message has been altered)
        header.from=joepatfan...@bellsouth.net

Is this because it's only a softfail?

Out of the 85 or so in the quarantine that contain MG_YAHOO_FS, only about
8 have "From" as bellsouth, and about half of them have the DKIM softfail.

Thanks,
Alex