On 4/17/2013 5:39 PM, Tom Hendrikx wrote:
> On 17-04-13 21:40, Ben Johnson wrote:
>> Ideally, using the above directives will tell us whether we're
>> experiencing timeouts, or these spam messages are simply not in the
>> Pyzor or Razor2 databases.
>>
>> Off the top of your head, do you happen to know what will happen if one
>> or both of the Pyzor/Razor2 tests timeout? Will some indication that the
>> tests were at least *started* still be added to the SA header?
>
> The razor client (don't know about pyzor) logs its activity to some
> logfile in ~razor. There you can see what (or what not) is happening.
>
> It's also possible to raise logfile verbosity by changing the razor
> config file. See the man page for details.
>
> --
> Tom

Tom, thanks for the excellent tip regarding Razor's own log file.
Tailing that log will make this kind of debugging much simpler in the
future. Much appreciated.

One of the reasons for which I also like the idea of using Daniel
McDonald's include-scores-in-header rule (for Pyzor and Razor) is that
the data is embedded right in the message, which can be useful. For one,
this makes the scoring data more "portable" (it stays with the message
to which it applies). Secondly, when tailing a log, it can be difficult
to determine where the data relevant to one message ends and another begins.

Thanks again,

-Ben