On 29.04.13 10:14, Rick Cone wrote:
Actually, I have already partially done something like this, but I've been
told it's not enough.  I created 1 special email user called "junk", and we
use it as IMAP type, and participating users move their SPAM to the "Junk
E-mail" folder of "junk".  I then have "sa-learn" looking at the "Junk
E-mail" folder (sa-learn --spam) periodically.  However, someone told me you
also have to have your good email (HAM) being looked at also for this to all
be effective.

Of course - BAYES filter can not distinguish ham from spam, without knowing
what is ham and what is spam.
All the rest of our users are POP.  I'm reluctant to make
some big email switch from POP to IMAP, as it appears you need lots of
storage on the email server for that (is that true?).

With IMAP, mail is stored on server. You can of course set up mail quota for
users and autoarchiving mail to local folders, but with IMAP it's quite
possible that users will leave mail on the server.
The same applies for using free mail providers, Microsoft exchange etc.
It makes backing up mail easier.

Any suggestions?  We
use the Bynari Insight Server, and their support is a bit limited on this
older product.

now I can only recommend you to migrateonto newer solution, supported and
with good spam filter :-)

M$ Win's are shit, do not use it !