Am 01.05.2013 08:17, schrieb Marc Perkel:
> Looking for tricks.
>
> I'm working on improving outbound spam filtering and I'm using Exim and
> testing for valid recipients doing forward recipient callouts, which I
> would like to reduce.
>
> I'm wondering if there's any tricks to figure out at least some bad
> domains or recipients without doing recipient callouts. DNS indicators
> that would suggest the recipient is bad.
>
> Or - open to any suggestions on blocking outbound spam. (I'm filtering
> outbound for customers so I don't control the original servers)

outbound spam filtering is heavy stuff, beside not to produce false
positives and/or additional support calls, traditional you may have some
border gateway with i.e amavis and kinda quarantaine, but whats really
needed is an outbound anomaly analyser ,in my opinion, we ve done some
concepts about such , but not released anything

after all outbound recipient verfiy will not make you happy as others may
firewall you by doing to much recipient testing, but it may be a way for
limited domains, know to be problematic , analysed by your log before

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG