As we've spoken about off-list, my boss is being very particular about the deployment of Bayes, and it sounds like one of his caveats is that we don't
start from a blank database.

Starting from a blank database is quickest and safest.

If you start from someone else's database, your Bayes engine will have to un-learn their history as well as learn your history. While it does this your Bayes scores could be very wrong.

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites
Tel. 01903 867 810