On 31.05.13 03:52, tony wrote:
I've been running spamassassin for about 4 years on a centos 5 server,
currently running spamassassin-3.3.1-2.el5. I've always been impressed and
very pleased with the way SA works and I regularly run sa-update and I
update the bayes databases. I use plugins too - raor, pyzor, dkim etc but
over the last couple of months I've seen SA's effectiveness wane, with more
spam emails slipping though into my inbox.

What about SPF, DCC plugins? Also, do you use BAYES?
Do you have RBLs allowed? Haven't they blocked you due to excessive queries?
(how many mail do your servers process daily?)

There are two scenarios here, either my system is not working as it should,
or spammers have found a new clever way to beat the filters and SA is yet to
cactch up. So my first thought in posting here is, has anyone else
experienced an increase in penetration by spammers in the last couple of
months?

I could say so, but that's apparently mostly due to rfc-ignorant.org
deactivation.
Yes, spammers try to avoid those techniques. Do you update your rules on
regular basis?

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.