On Sep 2, 2013, at 9:26 AM, Marcus Loxx <marcus.loxx.4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. My name is Marcus Loxx.
>
> First, please let me know if this is the correct way to post a question.
> Second, the question is more about spam filtering in general than
> SpamAssassin, but I couldn't think of a better place to post it. If the Users
> list is not a good place to post this question, I would greatly appreciate an
> appropriate recommendation.
>
> Pretty much there is some software called EndOfSpam made by someone called
> Desmond Fox and I want to know if the software isn't malicious. The web
> address is
> https://sites.google.com/site/desmondfoxendofspam/home
>
> I send and get a lot of email, and I found it when I got a reply email from
> someone I had never emailed before. I tried looking for more information on
> it, but other than the address above, which I only found in the reply email I
> got, there doesn't seem to be anything about it anywhere. I know you can't
> tell me if it is safe or not because we live in such a litigious society, but
> do you know if this is a known scam or something?

"Hello. My pseudonym is Desmond Fox, and welcome to the EndOfSpam web page.
This is an old, but as far as I can tell, never implemented idea for getting
rid of spam emails. The idea is to charge emailers to send the emailee an
email. The details are a little bit more complicated than that, but not much
(explained below)."

If I were able to charge mailers I'd be a very wealthy man, depending upon the
exchange rate with the ruble.

forget it. this idea has been stinking up the hallways for a very long time.
no, it won't work, because no-one will pay. If you need a reference, ask Bill
Gates how 'penny black' worked ten years ago.