On Friday, November 08 2013, Amir Caspi wrote:

> On Fri, November 8, 2013 2:39 pm, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
>> I don't think sa-learn can help with spamd.  Its own manpage mention
>> that, for spamd users, "spamc -L" is the way to go.
>>
>> Hm, really?  I thought spamd kept a global Bayes database, and that
>> everyone calling "spamc -L" would end up feeding this database, and not
>> some local one.
>
> It depends on how spamc is called.  If spamd is running as root and spamc
> is called with the -u flag, then spamd will su to the named user, and will
> then use that user's local database (and local prefs, if allow_user_prefs
> is enabled).  spamc -L -u would work on the local database; spamc -L
> (without -u) would work on the database applicable to the spamd user.

My spamd is currently running as root, but I am thinking about changing
it to run using Debian's pre-setup user (debian-spamd).  Unless you guys
have better recommendations.

> It all depends on whether you want your users to have individual databases
> tailored to their own spam/ham, or a global database.

The problem with having a user-tailored database is that I will have to
run sa-update for every user, right?  Currently, Debian provides the
aforementioned spamd user (debian-spamd) and runs sa-update on behalf of
it.  Therefore, I believe using a global database is probably better in
this case.  What's your opinion?

--
Sergio