On 2/12/2014 11:53 AM, jpff wrote:
> I got the same error installing via cpan.  Trouble is I do not know
> where the other system is or how to find it.  There are a number of
> Util.pm files ll over the place.
>   This is on a debian system but not really using their package

This should get rid of the old installation:

  apt-get remove spamassassin

To make sure:

  find /usr -name 'SpamAssassin*' -o -name sa-update \
     -o -name 'spam[cd]' -o -name spamassassin

(there are some additional man pages, documentation and start scripts
beyond the above)

This is how the installation looks the Debian way:

/usr/sbin/spamd
/usr/bin/spamassassin
/usr/bin/sa-update
/usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin
/usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm
/usr/share/doc/spamassassin
/usr/share/spamassassin

and this is what it looks the CPAN way:

/usr/local/bin/spamc
/usr/local/bin/spamd
/usr/local/bin/spamassassin
/usr/local/bin/sa-update
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2/auto/Mail/SpamAssassin
/usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/Mail/SpamAssassin
/usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm
/usr/local/share/spamassassin

You can have one or the other, but not both.

  Mark