On Thu, 13 Mar 2014, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Thursday, March 13, 2014 1:48 PM -0700 John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org> wrote:

 On Thu, 13 Mar 2014, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

>  In looking at why some spam is still making it through, it appears that
>  Pyzor  errors block URIBL lookups:

 I'm working with someone who seems to be having the same problem in 3.3.1
 - thanks for noting this, I will take a closer look.

Thanks. The scoring can vary depending on when the pyzor callback fails. For example, in another run, the pyzor error doesn't come back until after more of the URI checks are done:

etc. I.e., the scoring is completely erratic based on where URIBL processing is when the pyzor callback fails.

That's similar to the behavior they're seeing. Much lower URIBL hits than when running SA from the command line on the test MX, and the log shows problems with pyzor (though the excerpt I saw didn't mention a traceback, it just said "no output").

FWIW they're running amavisd-new, and we're trying to figure out why the scores on MTA-processed messages are so much lower than when the same message is passed through command-line SA in debug mode.

  Politicians never accuse you of "greed" for wanting other people's
  money, only for wanting to keep your own money.    -- Joseph Sobran
 Tomorrow: Albert Einstein's 135th Birthday