On 08/31/2014 10:26 PM, John Hardin wrote:
On Sun, 31 Aug 2014, Eric Shubert wrote:

I've seen an uptick of spam lately with random low contrast (hidden)
text. This appears to be lowering bayes probabilities.

Learn them as spam. That will tend to eliminate that effect.

Been doing that (learning them) for quite a while. I've had that mechanism set up for several years now, and it's working fairly well (after I adjusted the scoring upwards for bayes rules).

It appears to me that the hidden text is being randomly generated. Even saw a random function of some sort in there. I presume it's been designed to 'poison' bayes by vitue of the random text (and a sizable amount of it).

Thanks.
--
-Eric 'shubes'