On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Franck Martin <fmar...@linkedin.com> wrote:

> As for /64, yes there are hosting providers that have all their customers
> in the same /64 and other cases like this where infrastructure is not
> separated by /64 boundaries. I think IPv6 blocking list will be more last
> resort, than first line of defense (but that’s just me). Note rbldnsd works
> at /64 by default, with /128 exceptions.

DNSxLs are still the "cheapest" way to determine reputation because it can
happen at connection stage (or as a computationally cheap input to a
scoring mechanism such as SpamAssassin) - so I believe there is still value
in it, and it is important to get it as efficient as possible.

For my project, dnswl.org, the situation may be a bit different, because
TTLs can be very long (at least in the range of hours) rather than mere
minutes for DNSBLs.

I'll try to hack together a plugin, I've reserved some time over the next
few days.

-- Matthias