On 03/12/2014 09:18, Christian Grunfeld wrote:

> ".....if *anyone* sends *anything* to that address it is unsolicited mail -
> spam, so that IP sender is blacklisted and placed in a DNSBL as well because
> there is no possible legitimate reason to send to that address....
>
> ït is not really true. If a spammer sends to a list of addresses and among
> them is a spamtrap address a user might respond to that list and so you'd be
> blocking a legit ip or domain !

It would be very rare, and if so you would ever more rare CC the entire
list of addresses on your spam message - sure this was a lot more common
in years gone by, but I've not seen any such evidence of it in almost 10
years, and if you did, well, that's not my problem, its the problem of
your provider who obviously doesn't care enough to educate its users of
the dangers of spam, period.