> On Dec 2, 2014, at 11:28 AM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:
>

> Am 02.12.2014 um 19:22 schrieb Niamh Holding:
>> Hello Reindl,
>>
>> Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 6:14:26 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> RH> no, i am saying nobody right in his mind is rejecting mails because
>> RH> *one* RBL
>>
>> You do say the sweetest things!
>>
>> Should I be offended given that we block at SMTP time if an IP address
>> is listed in just one of a chosen selection of RBLs... known senders
>> are whitelisted prior to RBL checking.
>
> you should re-consider that, your users problems
>
> as said:
> the linux.com newsletter get blocked by "b.barracudacentral.org" which is
> normally a trustful blacklist (their URIBL's on the devices are crap playing
> lottery with email) a since we replaced the device i receive it again
> (b.barracudacentral.org is still used, but as *one* RBL in the postscreen mix)

I have *never* considered Barracuda to be reliable. At least they have stopped
their practice of listing my server and then sending me spam offering to sell
me their crapware to keep it off blacklists for $$$$ per month.

> another recent example:
> Spamhaus blocked GMX/1&1/Web.de completly *by a mistake*, no problem in case
> of scoring, a ruined weekend if we had used it as only source

The extremely occasional mistaken black is more than made up for by the vast
quantities of spam that are blocked every day. I reject at SMTP based on zen.
If zen is mistaken, at least the sender doesn’t think the mail as delivered and
f they (and their MUA) are competent, they know WHY their mail didn’t go
through.

--
Oh, the sweet wine of youth goes sour over time
Seems like the more that you lose, the more you ache to find