On Mon, 13 Apr 2015, Winfried wrote:

I was wondering if SpamAssasin could be configured to convert UTF-8 e-mails into ISO-8859-1 prior to sanitization?

No. That isn't SA's job. It is a scanning tool. Please don't try to turn it into a swiss army knife.

See if there are some options in your MTA's delivery chain for desired mailbox encoding. The proper place for that sort of thing would be the tool that does final delivery to the user's mailbox.

  I'm seriously considering getting one of those bright-orange prison
  overalls and stencilling PASSENGER on the back. Along with the paper
  slippers, I ought to be able to walk right through security.
                                             -- Brian Kantor in a.s.r
 Today: Thomas Jefferson's 272nd Birthday