Hi,

we have a problem we can't solve yet with Subversion.
In our process, we create a branch of a version that is going to be released. Then we release from that branch and create a tag for each released version.

The problem lies in the bug fix of this released version. We have to apply manually the fix to the branch, release a new tag, and then report the same modification to the trunk.

Developer are really loath to do that. They have enough pression to fix the bug quickly, not to take some more to keep the process consistant.

I have to find a way to facilitate this bug porting from branch to trunk.

Unfortunately I can't find any merge example made with this configuration. It seems it's designed to work the other way, trunk -> branch.

I'd be interested in others people use of SVN to support their release process.
Is there a way to get that bug porting made easy with some merge command?

best rgds,
Jean