Hi,
I have a repository that has been in use for well over a year and over this period the size on disk has grown to over 150 GB, I found that when running svnadmin dump, that the resulting dump file was at 46 GB on disk and then when loading the dump file into a new repository that the size on disk in the repository folder was 8 GB in total.

What's disturbing is the drop in disk usage from 150 --> 46 --> 8 Gig.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Or rather is there a better way of freeing up disk space back to the OS? (we are using FS and not Berkley DB storage)