On Feb 12, 2010, at 16:32, Glenn Maynard wrote:

>> Although I'm not sure why he wouldn't check out with a windows client. I'm
>> not sure how connecting to a Linux machine to checkout to a folder mounted
>> on a windows machine is easier than using the windows CLI.
>
> It's easier because it's a fully configured CLI that I already have
> running all the time, which does everything the way I want.  I don't
> want to have to do half of my CLI work from a clumsy Cygwin window,
> especially since I have working copies in both Linux and Windows that
> I deal with simultaneously.

Actually, doesn't cygwin also consider the native eol-style to be LF? I think
if you want CRLF line endings, you have to use a "real" Windows client, not
cygwin.

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> Instead, we set svn:eol-style to LF, and configured our Windows editors to
>> know how to deal with such files.
>
> Visual Studio just doesn't understand it.  It'll load them and do
> basic editing fine, but copy/paste leads to mixed newlines.

If you can't configure Visual Studio to understand LF line endings, and you
cannot switch to an editor that understands LF line endings, then I agree you
have a problem. I'm sorry, I don't have any more solutions.

I do remember that years ago when we configured UltraEdit to understand LF line
endings, there were four separate settings / checkboxes / radio buttons that
had to be set a particular way on several different settings screens. It was a
nightmare because one of our committers would inevitably forget to set one of
the options and begin messing up the line endings.