On 13.04.2010 12:07, Giulio Troccoli wrote:

Linedata Services (UK) Ltd
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4-12 Norton Folgate, London, E1 6DB
Registered in England and Wales No 3027851    VAT Reg No 778499447

-----Original Message-----

From: Leonid Zeitlin [mailto:l...@csltd.com.ua]
Sent: 13 April 2010 10:03
To: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Server-side enforcement of SVN properties

Hello all,
I have a Subversion server and a bunch of Windows clients
accessing it with TortoiseSVN via http protocol (Apache
mod_dav_svn). I want a certain Subversion property (namely,
svn:needs-lock) to be set on all new files with certain
extension. I know this can be done with auto-props settings
in SVN clients. But is there a way to enforce this centrally,
on the server, so that these properties are set regardless of
client configuration?

Thanks a lot,
    Leonid

No, but you can write a pre-commit hook that rejects new files without the
property set and maybe redirect your user to a wiki or something similar where
you explain how to setup auto-prop.

Thank you. Any sample of such pre-commit hook I can start from?

Thanks,
  Leonid