On 04/16/2010 01:56 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

I think you should use log-police.py to make it a non-issue. This script
ensures all log messages end with exactly one newline, regardless how many were
there originally. You can set it up as a hook script to auto-correct new
commits as they happen, and run it once over all existing commits to fix them
up as well.

I understand you can hack around such things with server hooks (if you have access to the server), but shouldn't this inconsistency be considered a (minor) bug that should be fixed?