On 4/19/2010 5:39 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
On Apr 19, 2010, at 17:04, Omar Ousmane Kadry wrote:

Not sure if it is the right place for this but I’m looking for a way to imitate
the cvs behavior when checking out folders.
In cvs:
     cvs co mod1/dir1/dir2/file2
     will result in having:
     mod1/dir1/dir2/file2

How can I obtain this hierarchical checkout with SVN?

There isn't anything built into Subversion to do that. You'll have to make the
directories yourself, for example using "mkdir -p".

And also, svn really wants to operate on directories, not individual files. You'll find things work much more naturally if you can check out the highest-level directory you want and let it recurse downward itself - even if you have to reorganize your repository into directories containing projects.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikes...@gmail.com